Friday, May 29, 2015

CDoupbles :: sWING and sWAY

 THE WINGS from sWINGing and THE WAY from sWAYing.




I love logic and combinatorics. And I am more keen on the analysing the puzzle solving with logic and stratagem than using random-move methods, rather process and detail orientated than winning orientated. And Sudoku is a logic-based, combinatorial number-placement puzzle. The objective is to fill a 9×9 grid with digits so that each column, each row, and each of the nine 3×3 sub-grids that compose the grid contains all of the digits from 1 to 9. The puzzle setter provides a partially completed grid, which for a well-posed puzzle has a unique solution. I do the difficult ones. With the last one, I reached a point that I had two optional locations for considerable amount of numbers but not their precise whereabouts and couldn't move further. My logic was holding me to continue as it was not able to provide me with concrete answers. But I wanted to continue. So I just followed the multiple logic paths at random. „and it went on about how the quality of randomness, spontaneity, surprise, unexpectedness and irrationality in our lives is a very precious thing. And if you suppress that to have a nice orderly life, you kill off what's most important.“ Simon Jeffes, Penguin Cafe Orchestra. I finished it very quickly. For someone like me, conscious of rules and logic, was really a CHAlleNGING experience. sWINGing and sWAYing with my little magnetic numbers on my 9x9 grid with 3x3 sub-grids was so relieving. It felt like there is somebody else inside of me doing it, someone who knew what s/he is doing. I wished I could do things like this in real life.




Veronika Tzekova, CDoupbles, 2013- ongoing

No comments:

Post a Comment